Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring is Here!! So, you know what that means.

Yes, Spring has sprung here in the Low Country. The birds are chirping, the bees are buzzing, and the plants are sprouting. All this spring-like activity also brings about the need to start thinking about the dreaded pedicures. Egads!!!!

All winter long I have had the luxury of letting my toenails "breath" since I have been wearing fuzzy socks in order to keep my little toes warm. And thanks to my current state of singledom, there is no need to spruce up my toes in the middle of winter just so a boy will think I am cute. But as soon as Spring arrives the sandals come out of the closet and the little toesies have to look good for everyone to see.

I like to get a good spa pedicure but I also like to save professional pedicures for special occasions - cruises, trips, weddings, bonding with the girls, etc... This way it is a guilty pleasure and I feel like I am doing something extra special for myself. But that also means I have relegated myself to being my own pedicurist, which is not as easy as it used to be. First of all, while my eyesight is still very good it isn't what it used to be. And second of all, it just isn't all that easy to reach my toes anymore. Limberness flew out the door after the age of 33 and unlike the swallows of Capistrano, it hasn't returned. Oh to be young and have legs and ankles that would bend any which way just to have pretty toes.

I suppose things could be worse and I could not have any toes at all. And as awful as having no toes sounds, on a day like this it does make a person think: I wouldn't have to worry about my painted toe nails in cute sandals if I had no toes. Hmmm, to have toes or not to have toes? It is a difficult question when the dreaded self pedicure is looming over a girly girl. I am sort of attached to my toes so I guess I will keep them and start soaking them so they will look cute for my first sandal wearing of the season. Oh the dreaded things we do in the name of beauty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog, Tonya!! I hope you're going to post something about our embarrassing experience at Hollis' baptism!! Love, Lisa

Tonya2426 said...

Thanks! I was thinking about making a post on "The Adventures of the Godmothers" but didn't want to make any incriminating remarks. But now that you mentioned it, I will certainly embarass us to all of the world. :)